Lhasa City Tour to Sera Monaster, Norbu Lingka, Tibet Museum / One DayPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Museum Tours
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 130 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 262 US Dollar (USD)
Depart from your hotel to visit the Sera Monastery, which is one of the three largest monasteries in Tibet, located at the foot of Tatipu Hill. It is as prestigious as Drepung and Ganden monasteries but had a longer history. Sera in Tibetan means Wild Rose Garden since opulent wild rose woods once grew around it. It was built in 1419 by one of the eight disciples of Tsongkhapa, founder of the Ge-lug-pa Sect. Enshrined in the monastery are over 10,000 golden copper Buddhist statues, the holy prayer scripture written in cinnabar, and other treasures.
Then visit the Norbu Lingka. Meaning "Jeweled Garden," in Tibetan, covering 360,000 square meters, the largest palace garden in Tibet, was built in 1751 by the 7th Dalai Lama. Successive Dalai Lamas inhabited the palace, studying Buddhism until the age of 18. The Dalai Lamas, upon assuming power, moved into the Potala Palace, but from March to October every year, they returned to Norbu Lingka to perform administrative and religious duties.
After having lunch at local restaurant, have a tour to the Tibet Museum. Covering an area of 50,000 sq m with a floor-space of 20,000 sq m, the museum is the largest cultural facility in this ethnic autonomous region. The Tibet Museum has a huge collection of art treasures. Its exhibits include prehistoric cultural relics, Buddhist statues carved in various materials and in different postures, and Tibetan sutras hand written in powdered gold, silver and coral. There are also colorful Thangkas, and a wide range of Tibetan utensils and ritual implements, handicrafts, and ceramics. Then be transferred back to your hotel.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Transfers among sightseeing scenic spots & hotels as specified in the itinerary by private car or coach with driver & English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary with English speaking guide
- Arrangements for the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Hotels accommodations and breakfast.
- Any meals which are not included in the "Price Includes".
- Domestic flights, trains or buses, international air and train tickets for coming & leaving mainland China.
- Travel insurance in mainland China during the above travel period.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal expenses: The items of a purely personal nature such as drinks, laundry, tips to guides or drivers, FAX, telephone, excess baggage charges, or sightseeing or meals which are not included in the day to day itinerary.
- Insurance coverage of personal loss, illness or damages incurred during your trip.
- Gratuities, Tips to Guides and Drivers.
- Visa fees.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.