Tibet - Roof of the WorldPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 7 - 15 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 20 people
Destination(s): Tibet Nepal Bhutan
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking
Season: March - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 805 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 945 US Dollar (USD)
- Norbulingka consists of wooded greenery and three palaces once used by the Dalai Lama as summer retreat.
- Drepung Monastery lies about 10 km from the city. Built in 1416, it is the largest monastery in Tibet. The Sera Monastery, about 5 km to the north of Lhasa, is another important center of Buddhist learning.
- Sera Monastery: Sera means Hail stone in Tibetan. Set on the foot of the Wudu hill to the north of Lhasa city, Sera comprises of a great sutra chanting hall, a college and 32 sections.
- Jokhang Temple: Jokhang temple built in 647 A.D. is the spiritual centre of Tibet and the holiest destination for Tibetan Buddhist pilgrims. It houses the sitting statue of Sakamuni when he was 12 years old.
- Barkhor Bazaar: is the oldest street of ancient Lhasa city, circling the Jokhang Temple.
- Potala palace: Potala palace, located on the Red Hill, was built in 640 A.D. during the region of Songtsen Gampi. The original Potala palace was destroyed in the 9th century but was rebuilt in the 17th century. During the region of the 5th Dalai Lama.
- Monastery is situated to the west of Lhasa city and was founded in 1417 by one of the disciples of Tsong Khampa. It was the largest and richest of the three major yellow sect monasteries in Lhasa.
- Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasarovar in western Tibet are intensely scared pilgrimage sites for the Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Bon faithful - besides presenting an entrancing natural sight. Kailash is 1,257 km over a mountain highway from Lhasa.
The road itself was poorly constricted and is prone to closer by landslides, particularly from June through September. It can be very dusty some kind of face mask is a good idea. As you drove to altitudes of over 17000 feet at some points, altitude sickness becomes a real possibility and most will feel some symptoms.
Lhasa City Tour: Duration: 4 Days Minimum: 5 Pax.
Day 1: Depart on your scheduled China Southwest Airlines flight to Lhasa. Upon arrival at Gonggar Airport, you shall be met and transfer will be provided to the hotel.
Day 2: Sightseeing tour of Sera Monastery, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Bazaar.
Day 3: Sightseeing tour of Potala Palace & Drepung Monastery.
Day 4: Transfer to airport to board your flight to Kathmandu.
Best Season to visit. March through October is the best time to visit. Layered clothing is recommended as day and night-time temperature vary greatly. Down jackets are required from October to March (three is snow). The rainy season is June-September. The main temperature is 8 degree in the north.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Price per person in US $
- Hotel Holiday Inn:
* Tour Cost: 945 single
* Supplement: 100
- Hotel Himalaya
* Tour Cost: 900 single
* Supplement: 90
- Hotel Banakshol
* Tour Cost: 805 single
* Supplement: 50.