Holland Meets Belgium, Bike Barge, Amsterdam - BrugesPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 24 people
Destination(s): Netherlands Belgium
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Barging
Season: June - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1300 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1333 US Dollar (USD)
Price: Comfort barge tours: $1333.00 pp/dbl occupancy.
- Please note this price may fluctuate based on the current exchange rate. Payment in full at time of booking will protect against any future currency fluctuation.
- Tours paid in full at time of booking receive a discount based on the current exchange rate.
- Single Supplement: No single use cabins on comfort barges, everyone has to be willing to share a cabin.
- Dates : June 2, 16, July 28, August 11, 25,and September 8 -Amsterdam to Bruges sailing.
- Dates : June 9, 23, July 21, August 4, 18, September 1, 15- Bruges to Amsterdam sailing.
Day 1, Saturday: Starting in Amsterdam. Cycling ± 10 km. Embarkation and checking in aboard the comfort hotel barge. In the afternoon the barge crosses the Amsterdam centre and heads for the village of Oude Wetering. In the evening there's a short test ride on the bike. Those passengers starting their tour in Bruges will be taken to the barge by motor coach from the airport in Amsterdam. Arrival at the barge is late afternoon.
Day 2, Sunday: Cycling ± 35 km. You enjoy an easy bike ride right through some real Dutch meadowlands and end your trip in cheese town Gouda. Free time in Gouda after your dinner.
Day 3, Monday: Cycling ± 40 km. The ship brings us to the world famous windmills of Kinderdijk. Via the old Dutch town of Dordrecht your way leads to the natural reserve Biesbosch to Moerdijk where the barge wil pick you up. The sailing trip takes you to the beautiful walled town of Willemstad
Day 4, Tuesday: No cycling. Today the barge sails right across the impressive waterways of Zeeland the ship will take you to the lively town of Antwerp in Belgium. After arrival your guide invites you for a short city walk and you have free time to explore this lively port town.
Day 5, Wednesday: Cycling ± 45 km. You cycle out of Antwerp for a ride through the pretty Flemish countryside alongside the river Schelde. You spend the night in the provincial town of Dendermonde.
Day 6, Thursday: Cycling ± 30 km. The river Schelde is a tidal river and thus the barge may have to wait for the high tide to continue. Therefore you disembark and cycle directly to the old city of Ghent. The tour leader will invite you for a walk across the wonderful town centre.
Day 7, Friday: No cycling. By train you go to Bruges and your tour leader will make you acquainted with this unique town. Till halfway the afternoon you are free to discover Bruges. You return to Ghent by train.
Day 8, Saturday: Check out and transfer by bus to the Amsterdam airport- if tour ends in Ghent/Bruges -(arrive Amsterdam airport early afternoon). Tours ending in Amsterdam -passengers will make their own way to airport or elsewhere from docks. Trains run frequently- about every 20 minutes.
Note: Subject to changes at the discretion of the captain.
- Stay on board 8 days/7 nights in two person cabin with shower/toilet
- All meals (breakfast, lunch/packed lunch, 3 courses dinner)
- Tour guidance
- Bicycle with gears and pannier
- Compensation bike damage
- Several city walks
- Information booklet + map
- Entrance fee Windmill Kinderdijk
- Train ride Ghent - Bruges - Ghent
- Bus transfer Ghent - Amsterdam Airport or for reverse tours bus transfer from - Amsterdam Airport to barge docking location in Ghent.
- Entrance fees if you want to visit any museum.
- Adult drinks (other than coffee & tea) alcolholic beverages may be purchased on the barge
- Gratuity for crew
- Transfer between airport and barge in Amsterdam.
Note: A discount is often possible when tour is paid in full at time of booking -based on exchange rate when you book your tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Those paying in full for tours at time of booking (only) should inquire about a discount. Discount is allowed based on exchange rate at the time of booking.