Cyprus Mountain Bicycle Touroffered by supplier M16441 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 - 8 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: March - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 580 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Maximum Per Person Price: 650 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Supplemental Tour Information:
Our adult-only trips are suitable for all levels of cycling experience and fitness. While the terrain is not overtly technical, western Cyprus has plenty of hills making for some tough climbs and exhilarating descents. There is no set itinerary in terms of ride distance or location but all rides take place on the west of the island either in the Akamas region or the Pafos forest/lower Troodos region. Distances vary from 25-50 km, dependent on the fitness and experience/requirements of the group.
Rides generally start around 9.30 AM and finish by 4.30 PM allowing time for relaxation post ride/hike. Depending on the group's abilities, rides are chosen from a wide selection covering varying terrain and allow guests to acclimatize gradually to the climate and hilly terrain in Cyprus. Lunches are either picnic style or taken at a local cafe en route, dependent on the ride location. We take pride in sharing our secrets on where the best local cafes are for a post-ride drink!
Your accommodation is at a small family run hotel in the picturesque fishing harbor of Latchi The hotel is built from traditional Cyprus stone and offers en suite bedrooms with fridge, air conditioning, TV, telephone and freshly laundered sheets and towels. Here you can relax and enjoy the views over the harbor to the Akamas Peninsula beyond. We guarantee a true personal service and unique trails that you will not find on your own. The style of our holiday is totally relaxed and we include 1 rest day to allow time to unwind or try another activity. Our group sizes are small with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 riders although we can cater for larger groups by special arrangement.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Hotel accommodation with bed and breakfast.
- All lunches on ride days (either picnic or taverna).
- Airport transfers from Paphos international airport within specified times. Outside of these times a small surcharge will apply to cover taxi services.
- Five days guided riding with transfers to start of ride.
- Five evening meals - €18-€20 for evening meal including drinks/wine.
- Flights. Most guests prefer the flexibility of booking their own flights. Week long holidays start and end on a Saturday or Wednesday (flexible for large group bookings).
- High quality Trek or Felt Bike Hire - available at GBP £120 per week including all safety equipment.
- Our small group holidays are for adults only and are not suitable for children (We do not have kids bikes available for hire and trails are too tough for them). Please do not make enquiries for family holidays.
- Minimum 4 people required to run a guided cycling trip.
- Week long tours are not run in July-August due to extreme heat (But early morning day rides are available).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: May 2007
At M16441 we want to show you some of the best mountain biking and walking in Cyprus. We offer center-based guided biking and walking holidays, tailored for all abilities. We also offer self-guided cycling and walking holidays. Trips include all guiding plus support (or guiding via a GPS on self-guided holidays),...