The present curriculum contains three important components:
- Grammar, vocabulary, and exercises that are adapted to each individual, which come from the Social Sciences and Medicine.
- The student will work with a Spanish teacher, who is also a University professional with knowledge in the field of Medicine or Social Science.
- The student will be able to do volunteer work related to a branch of the Social Sciences or in a medical clinic or hospital.
Our school has been devoted to Spanish Language education in Quetzaltenango since 1991. We offer one of the best programs in town. With our emphasis on quality Spanish Language education, trained and professional teaching staff, friendly and accommodating families and diverse calendar of activities and events, we guarantee your satisfaction! To ensure that you receive the best experience possible, we hold the following as our most important goals:
- To teach students to speak, read and write Spanish while experiencing cultural, social, and political aspects of Guatemala and all Latin America.
- To create jobs for teachers at fair wages and provide supplemental income tot he families of Quetzaltenango.
- To train teachers to be able to teach the Spanish Language effectively to open doors of opportunity for them.
- To offer students a more enriching and fulfilling experience by getting them involved in volunteer opportunities.
- To assist local organizations by acting as a link between volunteers and the organizations in need, and by supporting, organizing and developing projects that address political, social, agricultural, medical and cultural issues in and around the Quetzaltenango area.
Staying in the class all day does get tiring. It also does not allow for our students to enjoy the beauty of nature and culture that Quetzaltenango and Guatemala has to offer. To help with this, we organize weekly activities and trips. These activities are in the form of movies, lectures, documentaries and group lessons. We also take hikes to indigenous villages, visit many area NGO's and meet with local community organizations. For those that want to see more of the surrounding area and enjoy the beauty of the land and people, the school also takes weekly excursions such as hikes and trips to the beach, hot springs, hot baths, steam baths and area markets.
Some of the places that we visit are: Mayan Ruins at Abaj Takalik, Beach at Champerico and Monterico, Hike La Muela, Las Fuentes Georginas Hot Springs, La Leguna de Chicabal Crater Lake, Villa Alicia Swimming Pool, Mariposario and Lake at Panajachel, Markets at San Francisco el Alto, Momostenango and Totonicapán.
Staying with a Guatemalan family is one of the most important parts of the language/ culture experience. Living in a Guatemalan home, you will be practicing your newly acquired language skills from the moment you wake up until you go to bed. We seek families that treat students like an additional member of the family, inviting them to take part in daily activities and conversation. The families are asked to provide you with a private room, a desk with a lamp for studying and three meals a day (including weekends). If students arrive a few days early, they may stay with the family until their classes begin for a small daily fee. Most of our families have been with the school for many years and have experience with having foreigners in their homes. They all take the necessary precautions with cooking and handling food. They are also able to cook based on the student's dietary needs, for example vegetarians, lactose intolerant, etc.
- $140.00 per Week from September till May (If you study 6 weeks or more $130.00/Week)
- $150.00 per Week from June till August (If you study 3 weeks or more $140.00/week).
- Cost of your classes,
- Housing with a Guatemalan family,
- Three meals a day (including weekends),
- School activities and services.
Notes: You can pay in US dollars, Guatemalan Quetzals or travelers checks.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: May 2008
M18094 has been devoted to Spanish Language education in Quetzaltenango since 1991. We offer one of the best programs in town. With our emphasis on quality Spanish Language education, trained and professional teaching staff, friendly and accommodating families and diverse calendar of activities and events, we guarantee...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Central America and Caribbean
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: