Both our centers are accredited preparation and testing centers for the TRKI state exam (Test of Russian as a Foreign Language). The TRKI is recognized by the Russian Federal Ministry of Education and can be taken individually in one of our schools. Each test consists of 5 components (written and oral).
The TRKI Preparation Module is a supplement taken just before the TRKI exam. Each module comprises 5 individual lessons. The number of modules required in order to pass a certain exam is jointly determined by the student and the teacher. We advice students, who wish to pass the exam to book one module in advance. If teacher and student decide that this is not enough, another module can be booked directly in our centers.
The most common tests within the TRKI framework are:
* Elementary Level 1058; 1041; 1059; (TBU): certifies that the applicant has acquired basic communicative skills in a number of daily situations. With no Russian skills to start with, it takes on average a 16 week group course and one TRKI exam module to pass this exam.
* 1058; 1056; 1050; 1048; -1 (TRKI-1): certifies that the applicant has reached Intermediate Level of communicative skills on a variety of social, cultural and professional topics. TRKI-1 allows enrolling in a Russian University. With no Russian skills to start with, it takes on average a 24 week group course and one, maybe two TRKI exam modules to pass this exam.
* 1058; 1056; 1050; 1048; -2 (TRKI-2): certifies a relatively high level (upper Intermediate) of communicative competency in all communicative contexts. The certificate involved is required for obtaining Bachelor's and Master's degrees on graduation from Russian higher educational institutions. It takes 400 lessons or 20 weeks in a group course to pass from TRKI-1 to TRKI-2. One or two TRKI exam modules are required to pass this exam.
All our teachers are native speakers and hold a university degree either in Teaching Russian as a Foreign Language (RKI) or Linguistics. We encourage our teachers to learn new languages, because we believe that having this experience as students is a valuable source for further improvement of their professional skills.
We combine intensive studies with a wide range of excursions and other cultural and social activities year round to give our students an opportunity to acquaint themselves with the magnificent cities of St.Petersburg or Moscow and – no less important – with the way of life in Russia. Some activities are free, such as the city tour for new students and our Friday cocktail. Other activities are sold at reasonable rates. The current cultural program for both schools is available at the reception and on the Internet and is given to every new student.
At our school in St.Petersburg foreign students can meet Russians who study English, German, French, Spanish and Finnish. The school in St. Petersburg also organizes several extremely popular joint events (for instance, boat trips) for our Russian and foreign students to encourage their language and cultural exchange.
We understand that people have differing needs and interests. For this reason we offer several accommodation options enabling each student to choose the most appropriate type.
* Home-stay (host family) accommodation: providing the best opportunity to get to know the Russian way of life and offering the best possible language practice. Home-stay always includes half board (full board on weekends).
* Shared flats offer an independent lifestyle at very affordable prices. This is a popular option for young people and university students. Shared flats are self catering.
* Studio apartments offer higher standards than shared flats and guarantee full privacy and independence. Studios are on request only. Our accommodation officer will help to find an appropriate apartment either in St.Petersburg or Moscow.
* Hotels or all categories can be booked directly with the school. While hotel rates in Moscow are quite high year round, St. Petersburg offers good deals - particularly in the mini-hotel sector. Hotels can also be booked without course. This is not possible for other accommodation options.
Tuition, teaching materials.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2008
M17956 is a Swiss owned organization, founded in 1992 in St.Petersburg. Our centers are the only internationally accredited language providers for Russian in Russia and well known in the international language travel market. Both centers are members of IALC (International Association of Language Centers) and...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: