Our English Language Institute is located in two cities in South Carolina, USA. Our Columbia program is located next to the largest university in South Carolina, and our Greenville program is located near the foothills of scenic mountains. Our small classes averaging 5-10 students give individual attention to students. Our teachers are well-qualified and most have many years of teaching experience. We provide 21 hours of classes a week including speaking, listening, pronunciation, grammar, writing, reading, vocabulary, and TOEFL preparation (for advanced students).
Students have the option of staying with an American family (includes room and board) or living in an apartment. In addition to classroom instruction, we also travel to Florida, Washington D.C., Myrtle Beach, S.C. and other locations throughout the year. We also offer local activities such as picnics, free dinners, and trips to museums. At no extra charge, we provide airport pickup, college/university admissions counseling, American conversational partners (when available), and much more!
New students are admitted at the beginning of each 4-week, 8-week or 9-week session. Instruction is offered between 21 and 25 hours per week for up to six different levels.
* Special Programs for Individuals: Our school specializes in providing private, one-to-one English instruction to business executives, professionals, students, etc., who prefer to accelerate their learning or meet their time constraints. The curriculum will be designed to meet your special needs and interests. It can start whenever you are ready to begin and can last as long as you need it.
The number of class hours can vary depending upon the individual's need and time availability. We can teach a minimum of 2 hours per week up to 35 hours per week.
The curriculum includes:
- Communication Skills (speaking, listening, and pronunciation)
- Grammar (Structure) & Writing (composition)
- Vocabulary Development & Reading Comprehension (understanding non-technical reading material)
- TOEFL Preparation
- Business English (on demand)
- English for Special Purposes (on demand), (Please check for availability for each location)
- Conversation Partners.
For those who do not choose to stay in an American home, our school provides English conversation partners as a unique opportunity to meet Americans, become friends with them, and practice your listening and speaking skills.
* Small Classes: Since each class is small, you will have more opportunities to improve your English quickly. You will have more individual attention from your teacher, and will have more speaking time in class.
Our faculty are well trained with many years of teaching experience. All instructors have certification or Master's degree in Teaching English as a Second Language or a related field. Visit our website to view pictures and read more about our faculty.
* President - Dr. Raj Aluri was born and raised in India. He earned his Bachelors and a Masters degree in Political Science in India. Raj came to the United States as an international student in September 1976 to study at the University of South Carolina in Columbia.
Dr. Aluri founded International Friendship Ministries, a nonprofit organization in 1981 to serve the international student community in the United States. He also realized a decade-long dream by organizing the first Columbia International Festival in 1996, which has become a very successful annual event in South Carolina.
* General Director - Bob Hamilton, joined the AELI teaching staff as head teacher in January, 2003; however, this is not his first time to teach at AELI. In 1993, while completing a PhD in Linguistics at the University of South Carolina, Bob served briefly as the interim director of AELI. He also taught classes in English grammar and communication skills at AELI in 1994-1995. In all, Bob has over 12 years of experience teaching ESL in half a dozen English programs in both the United States and in Taiwan, where he lived between 1998-2002.
Our English Language Institute offers many trips and other activities including trips to:
- Washington, D.C.;
- Orlando, Florida;
- Hilton Head & Myrtle Beach, South Carolina;
- Atlanta, Georgia.
We also provide free Friday night dinners, American conversation partners (when available), and trips to local attractions (parks, museums, movies, etc.).
Our facilities include communicative style classrooms with TV/VCR/DVD equipment. We also have a break/coffee room for students. We also offer a student center with computers and high speed internet as well as games such as ping-pong and pool.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Our sessions are 9 weeks in length, but students can study 4, 6, 8 or 9 weeks.
The full time cost:
- 4 weeks is $900;
- 8 weeks is $1350;
- 9 weeks is $1500.
- books and materials - $150;
- health insurance $85.25;
- other living expenses.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2005
Dr. Raj Aluri founded our institute in 1993 to provide high quality English language instruction at an affordable price. Dr. Aluri was an international student himself, coming to the U.S.A. from India in 1976. Since opening the school, Agape has welcomed students from over 50 different countries. M05504 is dedicated to...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: