Pritikin Exercise Program is based on scientifically proven principles and is designed to maximize your health. Our exercise protocol, in conjunction with the nutrition guidelines, is the foundation of the Pritikin Program. Together, they will help you prevent heart disease, control hypertension, manage diabetes, and maximize weight loss. This program has worked for thousands of men and women worldwide. It can work for you! We accommodate all levels of fitness, from Olympic athletes to people who haven't exercised in years and want highly individualized attention.
Benefits of the Pritikin Exercise Program:
- Plays a vital role in preventing - and even reversing - heart disease
- Strengthens and tones the body
- Promotes safe, long-term weight loss
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels in diabetics
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Increases bone density, which helps prevent osteoporosis
- Improves overall sense of well-being and confidence.
Internationally renowned team of 10 board-certified physicians, PhD-degreed nutritionists, exercise physiologists with MS and BS degrees, and psychologists with years of experience in facilitating successful lifestyle change.
The cardiovascular program at the Pritikin Longevity Center is designed to promote a healthy heart, increase circulation, and reduce your risk of heart disease. Throughout class, your exercise physiologists guide your aerobic workout - monitoring your heart rate every few minutes while you increase your endurance and cardiovascular fitness. They're great cheerleaders, too! In addition, you will learn to chart your own progress.
You will be introduced to a simple yet effective strength training program designed to strengthen bones, tendons, ligaments, and muscles. In an exceptionally safe, small-group environment, your exercise physiologist will guide you through your exercise routine. In your mirror back in your hotel room, you'll see the results, too--a leaner, fitter you. Yes, with the right strength training routine, you get results quickly! The Pritikin Strength Training Program will increase your lean body mass, muscular strength, and endurance. Weight training also increases your metabolism, which helps your body burn fat more efficiently. Strength training has also been shown to improve blood sugar management for diabetics as well as increase bone density, helping to prevent osteoporosis.
Our flexibility program is designed to be enjoyable as well as beneficial. It reduces muscle tension and stiffness, improves coordination, increases range of motion, and promotes better posture.
A Team of Fitness Professionals:
Our fitness staff is comprised of dedicated professionals with university degrees in Exercise Physiology. Both your exercise physiologist and medical physician will closely monitor your progress, helping you attain your goals. Over the years, they've helped thousands rediscover their strength and vitality. Now they will help you.
Working Out at Home:
At the end of your stay, you and your exercise physiologist will develop a personal exercise program you can easily follow at home. It's custom-designed to fit your individual schedule, taking into account your travel schedules, daily work load, and personal exercise preferences. You will also learn to chart your progress and work within your target heart range. All this individualized attention really pays off. In a surprisingly short amount of time, you will very likely achieve your health and fitness goals. And you'll leave our fitness center feeling renewed, re-invigorated, and forever changed.
Your Daily Exercise Program:
During your stay at the Pritikin Center, you will participate in three main types of exercise: Cardiovascular (Aerobic), Strength Training, and Flexibility. Each morning, you meet with your exercise physiologist in a small-group environment. Your daily workout begins with gentle stretching warm-ups by the swimming pool, followed by a closely monitored aerobic exercise session. Every other day, you also attend a strength training class. During the day, the Pritikin Program also offers a variety of exercise electives, such as Aquatics, Circuit Training, Cardio-Boxing, Low-Impact Aerobics, Pilates, Learn To Salsa, Yoga/Meditation, Machine Weights, Shape and Tone, and Abs and Glutes.
Pritikin's new enclave at the Doral Golf Resort is breathtaking. You'll awake each day to 650 acres of lush tropical gardens, fountains, shimmering pools, and other gorgeous amenities. Pritikin's main structure is a four-story Italianate gem featuring a glass-roofed atrium entrance, Carrera marble, Keystone Coral walls, and other stunning touches. It is surrounded by five championship golf courses, including the infamous Blue Monster, host of the PGA Tour for over 45 years; tennis courts; lap pools and spa/relaxation pools throughout the resort; and recreation areas and programs for children. Pritikin is minutes from many South Florida attractions, such as Miami's beaches, South Beach, the Everglades, the Florida Keys, and Bal Harbour and Merrick Park shopping, as well as Miami International Airport.
Accommodations: The resort provides hotel accommodations for varying budgets. Some guests choose standard, newly renovated rooms in one of Pritikins two lodges, located a short walk from the Pritikin Program facilities. Others select the more expensive and luxurious spa suites. The suites sell out quickly, so please try to book in advance.
- Six Nutritious, Gourmet Meals and Snacks Daily, Unlimited servings. You quickly learn how delicious and satisfying healthy eating can be. You're served six gourmet meals and snacks daily, including succulent fruit, a bounty of fresh and exquisitely prepared vegetables, sumptuous entrees like grilled bison, stone crabs, and wild mushroom risotto, and desserts like chocolate mousse. Hunger is never an issue. In fact, guests are amazed that they're eating more yet weighing less. You have two choices of dining experiences: the traditional Pritikin Eating Plan or First Step. First Step is loosened up just a bit to help our self-described fast food lovers ease into a healthier life.
- Comprehensive Medical Health Evaluation and Fitness Assessment By Our Board Certified Staff Physicians. A hallmark of Pritikin is our strong yet prudently priced medical presence. While most spas charge significantly more for physician services, the following are standard at Pritikin: comprehensive health evaluation, cardiometabolic stress testing, state-of-the-art entrance and exit blood panels, personalized exercise prescription, dietary analysis, and daily monitoring of medications (vital because many guests begin to eliminate or reduce their medication needs within days of adopting the Pritikin lifestyle).
- Huge, magnificently equipped fitness center
- Yoga and meditation retreats
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Indoor and outdoor walking/running tracks
- Workout rooms for electives like Pilates, Spinning, and Cardio Boxing
- Tennis courts
- Championship golf courses.
- Complete Education in Healthy Living. You come to Pritikin wanting to live a healthier life; you leave not only living it but loving it. Daily, you attend seminars so invigorating that guests have described us as the "Harvard of Good Health." You also learn healthy real world living in restaurant dining workshops and cooking classes. And in small-group psychological counseling, you break through obstacles that may have held you back in the past.
- Spa: Our completely new spa is the ultimate relaxation destination, the perfect complement to your Pritikin health revitalization program. Indulge yourself with the best massages of your life. Take a lazy afternoon nap in our outdoor solariums. Everything you need to relieve stress and find serenity is here. Highlights include:
* 32 world-class treatment rooms, including couples' suites
* A lavish array of aquatherapy amenities, such as aromatherapy-infused steam rooms, sensory experience showers, massaging hydrofalls, jacuzzis, and hammans - heated niches for slow, gentle warming to renew muscles
* 100+ of the newest, most exquisite body and spa treatments as well as soothing sleep therapies, skin-enhancing facial therapies, a full-service salon, and stunning new developments in facial and skin rejuvenation.
- Single Occupancy, starting at $4,800
- Double Occupancy, starting at $3,600.
- Rates fluctuate based on season and room selection
- Weekly prices are lower for each additional week
- Rates and specials subject to change without notice.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2005
M13962 Program, simple yet stunningly remarkable in its benefits, focuses on daily exercise and an eating plan based on natural, whole foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seafood rich in omega 3s, and limited lean meat. At the M13962, guests enjoy six heart-healthy, gourmet meals and snacks daily, such as...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: